Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Gratitude list: Snacks


I love eating hearty, delicious meals as much as the next Singaporean, but sometimes there is nothing more satisfying than a good midday (or midnight!) snack.

1)  Prune lapis


My mother's friend dropped this incredible dessert off for Chinese New Year and being the civic-minded family member that I am, I chipped in to help with it.  Yup.  Really took one for the team there.

The layers are just firm enough, holding slightly before yielding to the downward plunge of the teeth, and the prunes are sweet and sticky.

2)  Chocolate biscotti


What is better than chocolate biscotti?  Chocolate biscotti so thin that it looks like it's been sliced with a mandolin!  We ate so much at Jeanice's house that after awhile, she gave up trying to tape the jar shut.  Atta girl.

3)  Homemade cake


And I totally dug this incredible red velvet and berry cake that one of my talented colleagues baked.  The burgundy heart of the cake held an inch-thick layer of cream cheese that was studded with sweet blueberries... aaand now I'm hungry all over again.

5 comments:

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...