Friday, February 15, 2013

Stupid cupid



"I don't believe you will always feel that way," she said to me as the three of us sipped on our swanky drinks in a swanky speakeasy.  

"When someone feels about love like you do, that they want someone to meet them halfway, they don't just stop feeling like that.  I think right now you're probably just resting, recharging your batteries.  But you'll come back."

I think she's right.  I also think that I'm really starting to recognise just how important the resting period is, the time by myself, the time to think and heal and grow.  

Maybe one day I'll feel like I'm ready to let my guard down again, to let myself think seriously about the prospect of "together".  Right now, I have friends who take me for meals and drinks, and family and the barristas at Starbucks who say, "Happy Valentine's Day!" and hand me a free Belgian waffle that they've been saving for when I come in at breakfast and fill my mug with a golf-ball sized dollop of whipped cream.

Whaddya know?  It's enough.

6 comments:

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...