Sunday, February 17, 2013

Saturday


Not a lot happening in my neck of the woods this weekend except a visit to my friend, Jeanice's new home.  We spent some time gawking at her cool wall decals and even cooler walk-in wardrobe and then settled down to some serious drinks.


For the record, Choya with honey: where have you been all my life?  It's plummy, boozy and slightly tart, finished with a mellow sweetness that only honey can lend.  The leftover fruit is also very tasty, in a more intense way.  We shook one from the bottle and took bites out of it, grinning stupidly at each other.


On a side note: people always ask me what I eat at home.  Well, dinner in my house is always a dead giveaway that we're mixed, what with weird curries and stir-fries served in the same meal.  Today: Yong Tau Foo with Kichree, a kind of Indian porridge made by mixing rice and dhal, served with kick-ass mashed potatoes flavoured with chillis and coriander. 


On a side, side note: my snack later that evening - banana chips my parents brought back from Malaysia.  I love plain banana chips.  They're more flaky and brittle than tapioca crisps and when done right, more fragrant.  Unfortunately, many variations in Singapore are now slathered in some sticky, honey-like substance which makes them uninvitingly stodgy.

I'm rationing these.


I love that Malaysian packaging always provides serving suggestions for even the most mundane of crackers.  Holy sea cucumbers, Batman!  You mean I can actually have them with tea?!

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be here all week.

2 comments:

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...