Friday, February 22, 2013

Shenanigans at work or, About nothing

I've always been fortunate enough to work in places and with people who are never afraid to have a little fun.  When things get stressful, it really helps to be able to have a hysterical coffee across the road or laugh until you cry at the photocopier.

Today was especially festive - a very sweet colleague brought yu sheng and Chinese New Year tunes and there was much merrymaking.  Here is a random sample.


Son, who sits next to me, is some kind of Rubik's cube expert and new cubes turn up on her desk every week.  I've seen bizarrely-coloured ones, ones with four or five rows and now this special edition cube where you're meant to rearrange the blocks by dimension.  She tried to teach my mathematically-impaired brain the algorithms one rainy afternoon and sat there laughing as I tried not to hurl the cube into the wall.


There was a little Chinese New Year decorating going on.

My colleague had brought her Canon 5D to snap pictures of the food, so I slunk into the background with my camera, only emerging to take pictures of Ah Kit and Amanda.  (Have you ever played with the 5D?  The light on that camera is magical.)


Rebecca took this photo which she deemed typical of us.  Ah Kit and I have a very... interesting relationship.  He constantly teases me and I constantly take it.


And then of course, it was time for Amanda and me to pretend to be all Top Model.  It says a lot about my colleagues that no one batted an eyelid while we (discreetly) posed in the corner.

"I'm going to get famous from your blog, yes?"  Amanda said, flicking her hair and kicking off her shoes.

Um sure.  To all of five people!


I'm going to assume that none of you are batting an eyelid either (the book was my idea). 


And of course, the obligatory looking into the future shot.  Perhaps it is foreboding that I look slightly concerned about mine.

6 comments:

  1. wah bro. your sexy less and less subtle siol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT AT LEAST NO MORE PRUNE LAPIS LAMBUR WAN THING I SEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY IS AMANDA READING WALKABOUT i hate that book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAH because it's YOUR copy! That has been lying on my desk! I read two chapters and wincingly gave up.

      Delete
  4. Hahah good that was the point of it. So that somebody in TLL would understand the facepalming awfulness of that book and empathize with my pain whenever I have to convince the IB students that it has literary merit.

    ReplyDelete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...