Friday, May 10, 2013

Tea for tea


I guzzle coffee on a daily basis and have been wanting substitute drinks that will mean less stress on the system. 

After this morning's swim, Amanda and I hit town for a quick lunch before work.  Since we were so near Takashimaya, we decided to make a snack run in the food hall of the departmental store.  I haven't been there for such a long time that the presence of the little Harrods in the corner took me by surprise.

I had been planning to buy some teas for a while and settled on a couple of flavours that I wouldn't easily tire of.  The Taylor's Blackberry and Elderflower (which I'm drinking now) is a beautiful purple, fruity and not too tart.  Harrod's White Tea on the other hand is a more mellow, balanced flavour with the slightest hint of pomegranate.  The open box scented up my whole bag.

The best buy I made though, were those chocolate chip and raspberry cookies.  They were half off on quick sale.  At $3.90.

The saleslady told me that they were expiring in July but said, with a look of concern that there were many cookies in the box and she wasn't sure that I could finish them on time.

Before I could stop myself, I said, "HAH!" explosively, and chortled my way out of the shop.  Clearly, she doesn't know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...