Monday, May 13, 2013

Still missing

Michaela, you are with us always in heart and home.
Source: http://www.dearmichaela.com/2012/02/age-progression-2012.html




We all have our soft spots.  

My friend Ann-Marie feels very strongly about children who have gone missing, who are unable to find their way home.  She follows many of their stories closely, reads about updates and keeps her eyes peeled.

Given that yesterday was Mother's Day, she requested that I share a story that she really cares about on this blog in the hope that the right someone, somewhere might see this.

 I think she overestimates the readership, but every little helps.  And if I were a lost child, even a child forty years later, all I would think about day in, and day out was finding my family.

Michaela Joy Garecht was kidnapped in 1988, when I was just a few years old.  Her mother, Sharon, has never stopped looking for her.  I'm not a mother, and I cannot imagine what it must be to lose a child.  But I know what it is to feel alone.  And maybe somewhere out there, Michaela knows it too.  

If you have some time to spare, you can read the whole story here or on the Facebook page here.  Maybe you are the right someone, somewhere.  And if you aren't, maybe you know someone who is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...