Thursday, April 11, 2013

Gratitude list

I know, I know, the timetable of this weekly gratitude list is a little out of control.  I can't help it when I have other random photos to share!  Nonetheless, all the things on my lists still bring me lots of joy.  This week, these three small pleasures are floating my boat (snort!).

1)


When I first started working as a tuition teacher, I realised that teaching made me thirsty really quickly.  I always bring a transparent plastic cup of water to class and thoughtlessly put it under the whiteboard.  Each time I wipe the board, tiny specks of marker flake collect in the water.  I'm not ashamed to say that I occasionally drink the marker water in the middle of class because I'm so damn parched.

David was appalled when I related this to him and as a belated birthday present, he gave me a flask from Starbucks!  My favourite thing about this flask apart from how it keeps my regular iced latte cold (and fifty cents cheaper!) is how you can draw on the metal cannister inside with dry erase marker.  That's David's mascot, a violent Cantonese panda called Fak Fak!

2)


I really enjoyed using up my Bath and Body Works Carried Away body lotion and finally finished the warm, raspberry-scented dregs this week.  I have a couple more bottles that I really want to dig into and since I use moisturiser like a madwoman, it shouldn't be too long.

Compared to the Victoria's Secret body lotions, these have a similarly silky formulation and the smells are equally delicious.  What I like a little more about them, however, is the fact that the bottle is actually transparent and you can see how much product there is left.  This way, I avoid wasting any extra drips.

3)


And as of last night, midnight cheese toast with Amanda!

2 comments:

  1. Starbucks cup: Such a sweet idea, what a good friend! May your water be marker-free forever!

    Not sure about in Singapore, but in the US, you'd also save a pretty penny using B&BW versus VS lotion! :)

    I shall refrain from commenting on your toasted cheese, except to say that, although it's called "American" cheese...this American thinks it's a poor excuse for cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHA Thank you for the marker water free wishes!

      Ooh what is the price difference like? I think it was already quite big - in Singapore a VS lotion is at least $20! Can you believe it?

      Ahahaha it's the crappy sliced Kraft singles, but when they're smoked, I love them! I'm easy to please :D

      Delete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...