Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gratitude list: Notes

Sometimes a beautiful note from a good friend is all you need to pick you up out the gloom.

1)  Like this postcard that both Shirin and Edie wrote me


Apart from the incredible aesthetics (I didn't realise for a moment that the dog was a sticker and wondered how he had come to represent Richard Harris), the messages are sweet and so heartfelt.

S inspired me, writing, "Sorry that you still have bad days, but I hope that they get increasingly rarer and that in the meantime, they serve as kindling for your art.", and E made me tear with, "I hope that when you wrestle with your memories, you will not begrudge your former self.  She had great strength too." 

2)  Or this one all the way from Wei-Yuen


Isn't that illustration just perfect?

3)  Or even an unexpected midnight note from Dawn which said:

"If you ever tumble back in the valley, shout. I'll come get you."

My friends are just the best and I don't know where I'd be without them.  I hope to honour our bond by being there for them in return.  Thank you.

2 comments:

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...