Friday, April 5, 2013

This week so far

I have such an odd work schedule that I never quite know where my weeks end and begin.  But!  You better believe that I'm fully aware of the weekend.  Thank goodness it's here and that this week has been full but mostly happy.

So far, it's been filled with long chats, late night suppers at Mas Ayu, random small, fuzzy creatures and the following, in no particular order:


Since leaving work, my mother has been bringing home all kinds of gifts and miscellaneous stationery (yes!) and I came home to find this plant-filled frog creature on the deck.  If you look closely, you can see me very fashionably squatting to snap it.


Amanda gave me this pretty artisanal chocolate egg for Easter!  Earlier, I'd been persuading her to try Lindor chocolate - if you haven't, run out and get some now - and she fell in love with how smooth and creamy it is.  I got her some Lindt Easter carrots and a bar of Lindor and we enjoyed a very prosperous chocolate exchange.


We also spent some time marking together on a lazy and slightly grey Tuesday and ended up getting sidetracked and discussing a plan for our futures.  I don't know whether it will come through, but it's given me something to really look forward to and think about for awhile.


Our friend, Fiona, sat with us and had a mushroom soup cappuccino which came with floating dabs of foam.  We were suitably intrigued.


Our colleague brought her adorable puppy, Julius, to the office.  At first sight I thought he was a Jack Russell Terrier, but apparently he's a chihuahua-yorkie mix and about twice as dopey.  Everyone just loved him.  My office is an oddly animal-friendly place.  We occasionally have unexpected creatures roaming the corridors.


Julius was made to sit with the resident major domo, Smudge.  Julius eyed Smudge with great suspicion and neither of them were very impressed with the other.  I thought Julius was very cute but I'm a bigger fan of Smudge's equanimity.  The dude sit there and let me take pictures of him without twitching a whisker.  Now there's a rabbit that's had some smizing practise.


Plans for the rest of the day include a walk to the nearby playground, Indian food for dinner (hopefully with hot lashings of chai masala) and lounging around in a weekend-induced torpor.  Glory!

2 comments:

  1. I kind of love how often I see teachers out at coffee shops and cafes, marking together, on the weekends. It's very...collegial? :) And I guess that getting side-tracked is always part of the (secret) plan whenever two people make a plan to "do work" together, right? :)

    I had a mushroom-smoked salmon cappuccino in Stockholm that I STILL dream about. Yummmm...

    Not a huge animal person, but Smudge certainly has his appeal. Love how zen he is! :)

    Enjoy your weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Collegial is right... it's really nice to be able to sit out in cafes and do work and people watch at the same time. And of course getting side-tracked is the whole point of working together. Those little breaks are the best part!

      What is with soup cappucinos?? Do they taste like coffee at all?

      Delete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...