Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gratitude list: Fun



Life has been full of fun little moments lately and I truly relish them.  Every time I feel a little down or drained, I spend time with friends or recharging and I automatically start to feel better.  Even short ten minute interludes help.

Maybe right now it's all about facing life that way - just taking things a day at a time, and stopping for breath occasionally.  Anyroad, resting in the here and now stops me from thinking too far into the murky future.  That's just what I need. 

1)  Brunch with Edie and Shirin


We decided to meet at Wild Honey for brunch (my favourite meal of the day) and Shirin and I entertained ourselves by serendipitously turning up in the same colour.

The first time I went to Wild Honey, I was not amused by the stack of Canadian pancakes.  Since then, I've ordered nothing but eggs benedict (either Norwegian or European style) and I'm always delighted with my choice.


Edie started off by ignoring me in favour of her Candy Crush obsession.


Then she took my portrait...


... before we spent a long moment staring at the phallic glass chandelier outside.  (I'm pretty sure it's a Dale Chihuly and also that a resident of Sentosa Cove has a similar glass sculpture spilling from the façade of his house.)


Eventually, we went a little bit crazy running around outside and trying to take pictures looking like abstract statues.  None of those (slightly sexual) poses made the cut, but I loved the pictures Edie took of Shirin and me.


More than once, we've been mistaken for sisters.  Occasionally, we are even mistaken for each other.  We've considered dressing in each others' clothes and teaching each others' classes just for the fun of it.


And finally, a couple of details from Shirin's outfit that day.  I really enjoy Shirin's fashion sense.  She wears clothes that are both classic and chic - shirtdresses, slouchy knit tops, slim-cut cigarette pants - and dresses them up with quirky and surprising accessories.  In San Francisco, my favourite thing that she wore was an oversized cowl with a tougher looking biker jacket.

2)  Amanda and Snowy


We have two rabbits in our office that sort of act as mascots.  Sometimes, they hang out in our section of the staff room and so we get to play with them.  Snowy, the older and more sedate of the two, will sit quietly in anybody's lap and give off occasional wafts of white fluff.  Amanda and I love animals, so we spent a little time cuddling with Snowy.

And of course, because we can never let anything be, we also decided to pretend we were making a pet food advertisement.  I'll let you be the judges.


I know, it's award winning stuff.

3)  Breakfast

Of course, there are times when a quiet breakfast is the best medicine.  Just give me some hot noodles, cold coffee and a good book and I'm all set, thanks. 


4 comments:

  1. haha candy crush obsession is foreshadowing for upcoming shuli-directed film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you need to sit on the road in the rain, wearing a cheongsam, and blink silently at a failed level.

      Delete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...