Thursday, March 14, 2013

The best earrings known to man

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this amazeballs find from Etsy: Swirly Girly Goddess.


I'd been looking for a pair of fake gauges for the longest time, the kind that look like they've been strung through your ear.  In my mind they were going to be slightly serrated, bone-coloured spirals, different from the generic studs and hooks you find in every store.

I didn't see what I wanted in places like Topshop, Urban Outfitters or even in piercing stores, so I eventually went on Etsy.  When I saw Swirly Girly Goddess's versions, I was absolutely delighted.

Not only does she makes the standard spirals, but also tendrils, swirly clefs, shamrocks and best of all, get this, octopus tentacles.

Although I own an octopus necklace, I never thought I'd be able to find fake gauge tentacles!  I'm not ashamed to say that I ordered them right away.



There is a whole palette of colours to choose from.  I went for black with purple accents and a delicious purple shimmer running throughout.  

The earrings are also made of polymer clay so they're incredibly light.  I've never worn earrings of this size and actually forgotten that they were there.  When I took one off and passed it around the classroom (the kids I teach were fascinated), I forgot to put it back on and didn't even notice the difference in weight.

And of course, they look pretty damn good.


I've been wearing them constantly and people have actually stopped me to comment on them.  Whether they're shocked or love them, tentacles are always a good conversation starter.

And... that's all!  As you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...