Monday, January 28, 2013

Gratitude list: Home at last

1)  Jetlag

On the one hand, I get woozy early in the evenings and yawn my way through the day.  On the other, I find myself wide awake early in the mornings and have been taking the time to enjoy some music in the quiet, along with Reese's peanut butter cups and hot tea.  

There is something special about feeling like you're sentient before anyone else in the world is, and it makes it feel like my days are filled with a little more time.  

2)  E and S



Who thought of me and bought me an awesome present from Alcatraz when I stayed back from the trip to chaperone.  I took one look at the magnets and knew the grey one was mine.  It sits on my fridge now, right beneath my brother's favourite Bill Cosby quote.  Thanks, guys!

3) Becky


There are very few people who are silly enough to text me while we're on Skype as a joke.  I came home from the US to find a huge box sitting in my bedroom.  It was addressed to the "Grand Poobah" and I knew it was from her right away.  There were a couple of wonderful presents and a beautifully designed wedding invite inside, but the most precious thing to me was a note saying that while she liked reminiscing about all the times we'd had, she didn't need to do that anymore because we make new memories together all the time. 

I've just bought my ticket to attend her wedding in March (I'm the bridesmaid, yo) and I can't wait to see her again.  Every time we meet, it's like we've never been apart.  And that's how I know we're best friends.

PS  I've shuffled the blog format around to make pictures bigger just because, well, I felt like the landscape ones weren't getting enough play and... come on!  They're pictures!  Doesn't everybody love pictures?

4 comments:

  1. following your advice I created an instagram account just to use the filters, and the first thing I uploaded and filtered was that pic of the magnets, so when I went on your blog and it was the first picture at the top my idiot brain was like "Why is Shuli's blog my instagram??!"

    /coolstory

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE WELCOME! -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. US in March?! ehem....ehem......... i am free the entire month! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ S - hahaha my blog is everyone's instagram :P

    @ E - :D

    @ Nugs - OMG really? How come? I'm attending a wedding in March in another country through D':

    ReplyDelete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...