Thursday, November 22, 2012

Away

Tomorrow I'm flying off with a couple of friends for a short vacation!  I don't think I've had a truly slow, relaxing, chilled out holiday in about a year, so this is coming at a great time.  I'll be with friends that I've known for almost ten years now, hopefully lying in the sun and just chatting lots.  Work has been so busy that I haven't had a chance to pack, but I finally got round to putting some jewellery aside.  

Yep, jewellery.  I'm such an accessories hound that I took all my jewellery out before I even got to looking at clothes.  I'm one of those clowns who likes to change my earrings up every day, even when overseas.  (Hopefully this time I remember to pack all the necessary things.  I once flew on a week long holiday to Perth with ONE bra.)  


The assortment is mostly plastic and silver because I imagine I'll be spending lots of time near water.  From top to bottom, left to right:  Silver rings from Terrastratum, bead bracelets from Rubi, gold and orange bird earrings from Becky, blue thread earrings, Swarovski butterflies from Helen, plastic rings, shark's tooth necklace from a beach holiday a long time ago, elephant's backside pendant from Perlini's, my mother's earrings, silver Perlini's bracelet.

I miss the days when Perlini's existed!


I'm also really excited by my newest jewellery, these super thin sterling silver Barely There rings from a shop on Etsy called Terrastratum.  They can be sized to fit any finger, are very delicate and unobtrusive and there are other iterations with stones like aquamarine, or amethyst and sets of stacking rings that look like candy, all for fairly reasonable prices.  The best part is that because the jeweller is in Singapore, the rings were sent to me within three days without any shipping charge.


Finally, I'm going to be bringing this patterned hoodie from the men's section in Uniqlo that my brother, HW, bought for me.  He's leaving for Canada soon and we went to Uniqlo to get some Heattech and v-necked wool sweaters for him.  He brought a couple of sweaters into the changing room and came out looking confused.

"The fit is really weird," he said, "they only come down to my ribs.  Japanese men must be really small."

"What?  Where did you get the sweaters from?"  He showed me and I had a massive laughing fit because they were fitted jumpers for women.  Turns out homeboy is completely incapable of choosing his own clothes.  We finally left with three men's sweaters and hoodies for the both of us.



Well, I'm off to start packing, by which I don't at all mean that I'm about to take a massive afternoon nap.  At all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...