Friday, November 16, 2012

I lied a little

So it took me a while and the juices weren't exactly flowing smoothly, but I got there.  In the night of a beautiful day where the light had faded and nothing felt quite so beautiful anymore, I wrote through a little despondency and feeling lost and reached my target anyway.  It doesn't feel particularly celebratory or exciting, but it's good to have the words and I know from experience that when I look back on them and read them after sleeping on them for awhile, I'll be more appreciative than I am now and I thought that it was probably wise to document the moment.  

Even in moments of feeling down, I think it's important to recognise all the good, easy, happy things.  Here are a couple of other things I fully appreciated about today:


The bizarre and somewhat dramatic silhouette created by my high-low skirt from Cotton On, a cheap Pull and Bear tee and my fleece poncho.  On my feet - Swedish Hasbeens for H&M clogs.  Part leather, part wood and all comfortable goodness.


Something one of the 15 year old boys drew on the board for me today.  These kids sometimes make me so happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...