Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ready, get set...


Not that I meant to be an insufferable hipster with the picture (okay, maybe just a little), but Nanowrimo started today!  I just got home from work (yes, it's 11pm) and have just sat down to attempt to thump out my first 1,600 words.

I'm not terribly optimistic about my prospects of licking this thing given work and other random commitments, but I close my eyes, imagine the sound of thousands of other people clicking away on their computers and tell myself to man up. 

So, I've got my laptop and my hot tea.  Now I just have to find the words.

_____________________________

PS  I wore a grey pinafore over a pussybow blouse and brogues today.  My students asked why I was dressing like them.

PPS  Many people have been asking me what Nanowrimo is.  Basically, November is National Novel Writing Month.  People all round the world sit down and attempt to whack out 50,000 words by the end of the month.  Regardless of what happens after that, hey, at least you've written half a novel (half to me because the standard novel in school was considered to be 90,000 words)!  It's pretty damn cool.  Read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...