Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nanowrimo, Day 15

Just a quick one before I rush out the door for the day - today is the midpoint of Nanowrimo.  As of last night, I had 23,000something words and if all goes according to plan tonight, I should have something in the region of 25,000 before bed.  

Wow.  The halfway mark.  I never imagined successfully getting there.  I thought I would struggle with work and then give up in haste, but I guess things are working out better than I imagined so far.

In the meantime, here are a couple of snaps of my best buddy and one of my favourite pairs of PJs.  The sad, short pencil totally cracks me up.

 
Sometimes, I playfully strangle Chip because he lets me.  He sits there gently blinking with trust as I wrap my hand around his throat and gently throttle him.  It really makes me laugh.  It says so much about our relationship that such an alpha dog allows me to grab him by the neck or even bite him.

Then again, my father says that every day, the moment I come home and Chip smells me (he can't see), he starts barking madly.  No matter whether I run upstairs to put my bag down and change my clothes or whether I cuddle him before having a quick shower, he barks his head off until I have spent a sufficient amount of time reassuring him that I am present for good.

My father said that it really annoyed him and that he didn't know why the blasted dog had to go so crazy from just catching a whiff of me every night.

I told him.  That's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...