Sunday, November 25, 2012

Matchy matchy

I talked earlier about how I love accessories.  I used to have a blog detailing what I wore on a daily basis (I know, right?) and while that enterprise has (possibly thankfully) ended, I thought it would be pretty to look at some of the jewellery I've put on in the last week, together with the fabric I wore it with. 


Sweet gold bow studs with interestingly-coloured plaid.  I felt very demure in this combination.


I really like wearing intricately crocheted or knitted tops over a plain base colour because my office is so cold.  This mint green one goes quite nicely with a fringe necklace from Forever21.


My mom made me these interesting tasselled earrings after I designed them on paper.  So much cheaper than buying them from a high street store!  Worn with a translucent black blouse from my friend at the office, Bird.


Even when I'm lounging around the house in a grey slub tee or yoga pants, I still like to have something interesting dangling from my ears.  I'm all about drama and for some reason, wearing earrings always makes me feel more put together.  In fact, I can skip necklaces and bracelets, but I feel naked if I leave the house without at least some studs on.


Finally, my rings!  I wear the Claddagh ring on my right hand constantly, only taking it off for showers or moisturiser application.  The heart, crown and hands symbolise love, friendship and loyalty.  To wear it on the right ring finger with the heart pointing outwards means that the wearer is open to new love.

And of course, the two "Barely There" rings I mentioned in my previous post.  I like that they're subtle but classy and that once you notice them, you can't stop looking.

Also, that plant, a present from someone, really squicks me out.  It's one of those self-sufficient organisms where new leaves basically grow from the serrations on the old ones, like some sort of creepy reproducing alien.  I get that it's the miracle of life and all, but for some reason, looking at it makes my skin crawl.  On top of that, the leaves are extremely sappy, something I found out the hard way after taking these pictures.  Damn nature, you scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...