Saturday, March 15, 2014

The cat garden


A couple of Saturdays ago, after shooting the sunrise, I met Jia Min so that we could check out Singapore's first cat cafe!  Neko no Niwa is a cute little hideaway in Clarke Quay and it's filled with more than a dozen cats.

After my experience in Japan, I was excited to try taking some more pictures and, in particular, practising on swiftly moving pets.


Well, they didn't move quite so swiftly.

All the same, it was interesting to see how the idea was implemented.  The cafe is a lot smaller than the one I'd visited, but the cats are clean and well cared for and the room is bright, airy and filled with quirky accents.  Most of the moggies were just chilling out and while they weren't especially friendly, they were quite happy to let people stroke them while they snoozed.


One very sweet striped fella climbed onto the table in front of me and I spent fifteen minutes entertaining him with a dangly toy.  I discovered that he loved to get his head rubbed and he leaned back and closed his eyes in ecstasy each time I pressed my knuckles to his forehead.

JM and I spent a nice, quiet hour with the felines before strolling over to Central, noshing on Japanese food and having a very interesting conversation about writing. 

Neko no Niwa is a potentially great place to hang out, but can pretty crowded on weekends.  I'd advocate a weekday morning, if you are so inclined.  

Here, have some cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...