Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fumes


Yesterday was the perfect day.  I'm on the kind of writing jag that I haven't been on in, maybe, years and I've been taking it out by hand on one of my sweet Japanese notebooks.

I decided not to meet anybody, woke up late, wrote, had coffee with my mother, wrote, had a slow plod in the late afternoon, came back and wrote yet again.  My hand started cramping, my fingers seizing up from all the scribbling.  I went to bed feeling strangely proud.  This is the first time in a long time that I've written without a plan.  It's all gibberish right now, but I'm enjoying the process so much, I don't even care.  I just want to see where the pen takes me.

And speaking of pens, if you like them, you can't go wrong with Paper Stone; adorable gel ink pens at 5 for $5 which make a beautiful, black (slightly waterproof) line of, in my opinion, just the right thickness.  I don't really need new pens, but these make me want to write forever.  

As if I needed an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...