Friday, March 7, 2014

Bath and Body Works, in Singapore


Sindhu and I decided to hit the new Bath and Body Works in Marina Bay Sands last week just to check it out and even though I was under strict orders from my mother not to purchase anything, well, SHE'S NOT THE BOSS OF ME! 

Libby suggested that I do a short review, so here goes.  Bath and Body Works in the United States is relatively affordable and I was worried that the markup was going to be astronomical.  We were pleasantly surprised to find out that while for some products (pocketbac hand sanitisers, I'm looking at you), the markup was steep, for others, it was comparable to Victoria's Secret in that three big items (moisturiser, body spray, body wash) would run you about $48.  And the smaller body sprays and room sprays were about $10.  Not too bad, I guess.

So, I got:

1)  Buttercream Mint Candle - This candle smells like a less minty, more buttery version of Yankee Candle's Nostalgic Snow which absolutely kills me because Nostalgic Snow is limited edition and I have no idea if I will ever see it again.  Buttercream Mint satisfies my craving and it is such a beautiful, decorative green colour.

2)  Winter Cafe Candle (basically repackaged Espresso Bar) - You know how Starbucks is my second home?  This candle makes it smell like Starbucks in my room.  Dark roast coffee, with a touch of nutty sweetness and vanilla foam.  I play soft hipster music as I burn it and I feel like there's a barrista brewing away in the corner.  What's not to love?

3)  Forever Red Eau De Parfum - Okay.  I really wasn't going to buy a perfume.  I really, really wasn't.  But I read the scent description on this and... well, how can you say no to vanilla and rum?  I tried it and swooned - it's like cake soaked with heady, dark alcohol and I keep sniffing my wrist all day.  

4, 5 and 6)  I've tried the Bath and Body Works moisturisers already and I think they are just a little less rich in formulation than the Victoria's Secret ones but more complex-smelling.  So, swings and roundabouts.  I got two scents I've tried before - Sweet Pea (sweet, very slightly, pleaseantly floral) and Twilight Woods (sweet and musky, like ripe fruit and sandalwood) and Midnight Pomegranate (mostly just a clean, fruity amplified pomengrante scent).

That's pretty much it.  I'd say it was pretty restrained... for me.  Sid got a beautifully deep-scented blackberry and vanilla sugar scrub and a couple of sprays.  

We'll be back!  Till then, I had an awesome evening laughing over products with Sindhu in French accents (don't ask) and then, stuffing our faces with bak chor mee.  It doesn't get better than that.

1 comment:

  1. the winter cafe candle sounds to-die-for ! Starbucks in your room, love the idea !

    ReplyDelete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...