Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gratitude list: Technicolour dream

1)  Notebook from Malaysia


S and E got me this very cool notepad from a recent trip across the Causeway.  We were teaching about Aurangzeb and his empire in class that week and this was the perfect reminder (we do that a lot at work, make inside jokes and send each other articles about the topic of the week).  It's so pretty that I haven't been able to bring myself to use it, but if I ever do and finish the paper inside, I might get the cover framed or put it up on the wall. 

2)  This ridiculous box of nerds


A student brought them to class and I just had to take a picture.  There were even separate slots to dispense each flavour!  He said they tasted pretty foul and offered me the lot, but I really just wanted to enjoy the colours.

3)  Washi tape!


Amanda is probably smirking at my washi tape collection, but I love it anyway.  I went from being a washi skeptic to fully embracing it and just looking at this plastic pot of tape on my table makes me smile.  I've promised myself: no more new rolls until I've used up some of the tape here. 

I have to admit though, JM's growing collection (solid colours!  Moustaches!) is making it quite difficult for me to resist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...