Sunday, July 7, 2013

A public service announcement


Uniqlo is basically my favourite shop in the world.  Forgetting the annoying nasal singsong "WecCOME to uNIQLO!", I love the quality, the reasonable prices and the sheer range of clothes for all seasons.  Everything is decently cut and just smart casual enough for both work and play.  

We taught a lesson about Uniqlo's business plan last week and in doing my research, I discovered that they've just unleashed a collaboration with Baskin Robbins.  Yes.  The ice-cream place.  

In the form of summery shorts.  In 31 flavours.  My wallet never stood a chance.


Source: http://www.uniqlo.com/sg/product/women/special/31
I ran right down to the Uniqlo store near my place and grabbed an armload of designs en route to the changing room.  After marshalling some self-restraint, I walked out of the shop with two pairs.  The sweet pink checkered pair is in the "flavour" Ichigo Milk and the Lemon Sherbet shorts have delightfully juicy-looking sliced lemons all over them.


The tag claims that the shorts are knee-length, but they're definitely a more flattering mid-thigh cut.


I love how soft and breezy they are and at $16.90 a pop, you can enjoy your dessert guilt-free.


The Ichigo Milk shorts were my pink clothing item for Pink Dot this year (post coming up) and they were very comfortable.  Still, I think I'd better stay out of Uniqlo for a while. 

8 comments:

  1. Do they have pockets? I am lost in shorts without pockets. The pink ones in the first row remind of the DNA double helix. I wish more items of clothing came in science prints (DNA, stem cells, molecules, trilobites...) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only have one pocket in the back, so not ideal for carrying too many things, unfortunately. OMG trilobite shorts would be awesome, if simultaneously a little bit hair-raising.

      OMG WAIT LOOK: http://www.cafepress.ca/+trilobite_2_boxer_shorts,294303631

      Delete
    2. The trilobite thong is just a little bit alarming.

      Delete
  2. Rarrrrr... LOVE! I'm running to a Uniqlo now! Been getting my Uniqlo fix since I've been back. Goodbye withdrawal symptoms hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAAH WHERE ARE YOU? When am I going to see you?

      Delete
  3. Verrrrry cute. Although, if they are quoted as "knee length", but hit mid-thigh on you, does that mean they'll be bootie shorts on me...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I don't know how they measure the things on these tiny Japanese people! But I imagine if you are any taller than 1.65m, they'll be quite tiny on you!

      Delete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...