Sunday, October 6, 2013

A photo an hour: Lazy Friday

I used to have a different (read: even more embarrassing) blog and one of the things I enjoyed doing was taking a photo an hour over the course of a random day. 

I thought I would start it again on this blog; not because I believe that my days are so supremely interesting that people are agog with curiosity to watch every hour, but simply because it makes me take my camera out and practise even when there doesn't seem to be a subject in particular.  

This time, I cheated a little so the photos aren't evenly spaced out.  Also, all my weekends basically look like this: laid back, simple, routine.  Dayum!  How I cherish them!

Here's what I did last Friday.  

8:00am


I start my day with cod liver oil and the occasional capsule of cinnamon to control my blood sugar and appetite.  My father eats half a teaspoon of cinnamon each morning and his diabetic symptoms have practically disappeared.

9:00am


10:00am


A word on the "The Dark is Rising" sequence.  It's wonderful.  It's mysterious and old school and magical in an ancient, matter-of-fact way without wands or spells or strange, invented creatures.  In light of what's coming out today, it's a breath of fresh air for me.

11:00am


12:00pm


Sometimes I forget that no matter how much I love my dog, he looks like a drowned rat when wet.  To be fair, I will show that he cleans up pretty good, too.


1:00pm


Correspondence done and dusted.

2:00pm


3:00pm


4:00pm


Afternoon snack: mango tea, la vache qui rit cheese in paprika and herb flavours and a pluot.  Pluots are the only fruit that I find myself craving.  When I see them in the supermarket, my mouth starts watering.

5:00pm


Because before this I was basically in pajamas.

6:00pm


That's Jia Min having dinner with me, in case you were wondering.

7:00pm


8:00pm


Who knew Jia Min and I both liked Hairspray?  I'd actually logged this in my filofax a long time ago and was really looking forward to it.  We were talking about musicals we'd watched and the songs we liked as we walked over to the theatre.  Jia Min used to play the trumpet in the school band and talked about band stereotypes as well.

Then, at the entrance of the theatre, they confiscated my camera and put it in a locker.  Yeah.  I hate when that happens.  I'm not one to take videos of performances - I'd rather take in the act than record it - and I'm a little bit possessive of Big.  But eh, what can you do.

The performance was a lot of fun and even though there was a technical difficulty in the beginning and the house lights wouldn't go down, the cast was so plucky and professional about it that I forgot the glitch had ever happened.  Some very memorable dancing, too.

11:00pm


Esplanade artwork.

12:00am

I dropped Jia Min off at home, which involved some very pleasant driving on some dark, winding roads (my favourite kind) then sped over to the airport to get my brother who was coming home after over two years spent abroad!


Yup.  That's the face he gave me as he cleared baggage claim.  Obviously, the crazy runs in the family.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute way to document a day! I (for some nosy reason) always love when bloggers do "A Day In The Life Of" posts - this is kind of like that, only better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I also love looking at "Day in the life of" anything! Especially when people I like do it on YouTube...

      Delete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...