Saturday, June 15, 2013

Gratitude list: Impromptu

So I haven't been writing weekly gratitude lists for a while, not because I don't have anything to give thanks for but because there are so many things that they often turn into entire posts unto themselves. 

I'll still do the lists when I can though, like this impromptu one on a ten minute break from work. 

1) Bird farting rainbows necklace.


My friend Becky gave me this necklace over a year ago (in fact she sent it to me in the mail while I was in the UK) and I just love it.  I don't wear it very often because I'm a klutz and I want to avoid fraying the ribbons, but every time I do, I get a ton of excited compliments.  

How could you look at this and not feel happy?

2)  Crystal deodorant 


I know this is a slightly odd (and possibly awkward) choice but Amanda introduced me to this deodorant at Sasa the other day and I really love it.  For about $4, you get a stick of something that looks like a mineral rock and has no scent whatsoever.  I apply it with a little bit of water and although it does allow you to sweat, I have had absolutely no odour problems, even when I'm exercising.

The fact that it doesn't clash with my perfume and that I no longer have to contend with oddly murky cucumber or lemon scents works well for me right now.  It prickles a little on broken skin, but apart from that, I definitely plan to repurchase this.  Avoid dropping it on the floor though, if you get it, I hear it shatters into sharp little smithereens.

(I cannot attest to its pharmaceutical safety or whatever.  I'm pretty sure anything that claims to neutralise the bacteria on your skin is going to raise some alarms somewhere, but aerosols are no better, so.)

3)  My Filofax and sticky notes from Daiso


It is ridiculous how much I love my Filofax.  I think I've finally found an organiser format that really works for me and since it's stationery related, I plan to go on and on about it in a separate post at some point. 

For now, I just thought I'd share these sweet post its that I bought at Daiso earlier today.  At 400 stickies for $2, you can't go far wrong, even if the glue is not 3M worthy.  I love how the blue and pink complement the violet faux leather and I can see myself using them to decorate diary entries as well. 

And now, back to work.  There is no rest for the wicked, and I haven't been behaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...