Saturday, June 22, 2013

All off

It sounds stupid but one of the things I was sore about in the breakup was that I couldn't get my hair cut.  

More specifically, I couldn't get that drastic, post-breakup, defiantly fabulous haircut that everyone seems to get shortly after they're dumped.

Unfortunately, I had cut my hair right before I saw my then-boyfriend for the last time and even though I was in the throes of misery afterwards, short of shaving my head (not work approved), there was nowhere to go.

So I stayed with the hair through the straggly growing out stage and found other ways to reinvent myself (knitting, anyone?).  

Lately however, since I was starting to feel more and more like my old self (and also a new version of myself that I hadn't met before), I thought it was time.  And I really wanted it all off.  I thought about all the people I knew who rocked very short hair (Pri, various girls from pole class) and I was absolutely certain I was going to make it work no matter what.

Friends told me to think about it carefully, just in case I regretted it, but I'm not a girl who is married to her locks.  It's just friggin' hair and it grows back, last I checked.  I hack it off every two years for fun and this was going to be no different, except that now, I'm even less worried about what anyone will think and more sure of what I want.

So I made an appointment with my regular guy and I went down this morning.  


It gets wavy and flippy and frizzy and messy and when I run my fingers through it I look like Robert Smith

But I have never felt more attractive in my life.

And I regret nothing.

12 comments:

  1. Love <3
    "Wild sexy mushroom!" as N put it hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAHA thank you... best kind of mushroom ever!

      Delete
  2. Hallo GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

    Inspiration.

    XOXOXO *Rie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good shools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Short hair is so much less fussy and more practical in this weather anyways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! More practical ya lah but I very fuss my short hair one. Hahahaha

      Delete
  5. There is always a way to make short hair work (wax! hairspray!). It looks marvellous. The only reason I ever have long hair is I'm too lazy/ cheap to go to my hairstylist very often. Like maybe twice a year....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (I heard you say "marvellous" in a British accent.) And yes, agreed about making it work, I use a ton of modelling clay and the occasional spray. But I think short hair naturally suits you as well.

      I also avoid going to the hairdresser often, once, I didn't go for two years :S

      Delete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...