Monday, June 10, 2013

The Bay

Some time ago, I mentioned that one of the projects my father had planned involved taking pictures of Marina Bay at night.  He particularly wanted to capture the Gardens by the Bay domes because they are so interestingly shaped and because he has a soft spot for them.  

We headed back there last Friday night, on the off chance that the pouring rain would let up enough for photos.  We were in luck; even though the ground was slightly damp, there was nothing but a light breeze in the air.  It was even cool enough to go up onto the Benjamin Sheares bridge to take some photos from a higher vantage point.


I'm really happy with how the pictures turned out.  I like how the skyline looks deliciously clean and the way the lights shimmer on the water.  My father yelped out loud at the first shot because they were exactly what he wanted.

I don't remember the shutter speeds exactly but they were longer than half a second, aperture at around 9 or so.  I capped the ISO at 400 at one point to reduce grain and it worked out well for me.

And of course, we used a tripod.  Next project, ho!


6 comments:

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...