Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bird + Dylan


Our colleague, Elizabeth is a consummate professional in front of the camera and takes regular outfit-of-the-day photos so Rebecca and I thought that it would be good practice if we did a couple shoot of her and her boyfriend.  Of course, it helps that they look like models!  

I have to say though, as couples go, they were so easy-going and fun to shoot (much like Ben and Amanda).  The day started off cool and got disgustingly hot as the morning wore on but Bird and Dylan were up for anything we asked them to do, including rolling around on a muddy river bank on a sticky picnic mat.  Their outfits also really made the photos pop, and I love the results.  Rebecca and I were amazed at how Dylan's face looked exactly the same in every shot no matter how tired or hot he was.  Modelling contract, anyone?


We took the first set of shots just outside one of the GB domes before wandering deeper into the gardens outside.  In fact, Bird and Dylan were so relaxed that we had time to break for brunch and enjoy pastries and pancakes before starting out again.


One of my favourite parts of that day was practising taking pictures into the sun using manual focus.  Clearly, the results are not always great but I feel like if I can just get the focus under control, I'll be there.  The colour of the picture is exactly what I want, so I suppose that's half the battle won.


We finished off by the Dragonfly Lake so that we could try getting a shot of their reflection in the water.


Apparently, Bird printed and strung some of the photos up into bunting as a birthday present for Dylan a couple of weeks ago, so I guess they liked them too!  Thank you so much for all the time and effort, guys!  It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...