Tuesday, June 17, 2014

If you can't beat 'em...


Last month, in all the heat and rain, the garden was filled with little critters.  Rebecca was at my house when I took this photo of a rather sizeable grasshopper next to the fish trough.  At first, I'd recoiled - horny, bristly grasshopper are not my favourite animal - but then I grabbed my long lens and we pretended briefly to be Nat Geo photographers.

A few mornings later, as I was stumbling around getting ready for work, I saw a Lyssa Zampa the size of my hand chilling under the storeroom eaves.  (Singapore's been swamped with them of late!)  The long lens was still lying ready on the table so I blearily wandered into the dark to grab these.




Damn, nature!  You scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...