Monday, December 23, 2013

The Rise



I was lucky enough to have the chance to check out The Rise restaurant at the top of the Marina Bay Sands last night.  I was there for the chocolate and cheese buffet and since those are two of my favourite foods in the world, I was pretty damn chuffed.  

To get to the restaurant, you take the lift up to the Skypark on the 57th floor and walk across two of the towers, by the swimming pool.

On the roof, it's noticeably colder and the wind wrinkles the turquoise water of the infinity pool, makes the palm trees flutter.  You can see the super trees and the domes at Gardens By The Bay glowing through their ribs and on the other side, the Esplanade decked out in Christmas colours, sending rippling jets of light into the river.

It's pretty surreal.  And at this time of the year, with its spicy mulled wine and chlorine scented air, it's one of the most festive places I've visited yet.

I didn't know that the restaurant was in the Skypark so I foolishly left my wide angle lens at home.  Next time, I'll come prepared.

Because judging by the taste of the chocolate drenched Pear William and warm chocolate cream cheese tart, there'll definitely be a next time.


Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...