Thursday, August 8, 2013

Zoo Part 2: Coupla cats and the Fragile Forest


One of the things I was really looking forward to was going into the Fragile Forest exhibit and taking pictures of the animals at close range.  It didn't play out exactly as I wanted because there are so many dark and shadowy corners for hiding, and with a maximum aperture of f/4, my zoom lens isn't really equipped to handle undergrowth.

Nevertheless, I thought I'd share some pictures that I'm fond of.  And no, that leopard above wasn't roaming freely in the Fragile Forest, obviously.  I have better survival skills than that!


The white tiger exhibit is beautiful but I expected to get more pictures of rippling muscle and pouncing action.  Instead, they were all enjoying a massive nap.  Thanks, guys.   


The picture above is one of my favourites, though not because it's any good.  It was horribly dark and rescued with iPhoto but I flippin' love mousedeer.  Everything about them, from the way they run like furtive chickens to their nervously sniffling heads, screams cute to me.  They're so quick that I almost didn't catch this one, but I'm chuffed to bits I did.


And of course, look at this guy - he reminds me so much of a sleepy Gremlin.  I also have some pretty potent pictures of his cousin sitting on a tree branch and brazenly flexing a part of his anatomy at me.  Just sayin', it wasn't a bicep.  I didn't think it would be appropriate for the blog, but you can bet that I'm going to keep it, for shits and giggles at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...