Sunday, May 4, 2014

One down

I have always wanted to learn French.  

When I was a child, I thought it sounded beautiful and when I was older I ended up meeting a bunch of French people when I went on exchange.  They taught me a smattering of charming but utterly useless french phrases (I love icecream!  I don't like octopodes!  I will not sleep with you unless you have a condom!  What?  Every girl needs to know how to respond to "Voulez vous coucher avec moi?") and I vowed that one day, I would properly complete my education.

Finally, thanks to Edie who signed up first, I'm going to be taking a one month French crash course starting tomorrow!  It'll hopefully come in handy for the trip I'm taking to Europe in June; maybe I'll be a little more proficient at reading menus and asking directions than last time.  

Now that it's the night before, I'm all hopped up on adrenaline.  I feel like it's my first day at school!  And I'm so happy to be fulfilling an old dream at last!


My students told me that Typo was having a discount on a pack of five French-themed exercise books and in celebration (any excuse!) I headed down yesterday and grabbed a pack.  For $8 something, I got five A4-sized Minnie Mouse/ Parisian notebooks for class.

Retno loves Minnie Mouse, so I'm giving her a couple.

Hopefully the rest of them will soon be full of notes... en français!

Now I just have to learn salsa dancing and farming and I'm set for life.

4 comments:

  1. FARMING IN FRENCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Euro in June?? Where to?? Hop across the Atlantic, nugoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy! And France! And the UK! And then my leave runs out :( But I want to come next year!

      Delete

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...