Friday, February 7, 2014

Bromance


A couple of weeks ago, Rebecca bought a secondhand 5D.  It's huge and heavy and takes amazing pictures with beautiful colour and so I figured that I should probably start working on trying to use slightly better gear at times as well.  

Over Chinese New Year weekend, my brother lent me the 60D that he hardly ever uses so that I could try to get used to it and see how I like it.  The whole of my Chinese family came over for the holidays and I had tons of fun snapping photos of the family and trying to get used to the camera's (rather finicky) controls.

I thought I'd do a layman's review at some point, but ultimately, I think it takes great photos too!  The first ones I'm sharing are from when my brother, HS, spontaneously decided to shave my cousin, Yen's goatee.

They were having a conversation about shaving while we shopped for toiletries in Mustafa and HS, an ardent advocate for luxury shaves, offered to give my cousin one on our balcony.  I don't know what possessed Yen to say yes, but I really enjoyed taking pictures of them giggling through what turned out to be an oddly tender, masculine moment.  

After nearly slitting Yen's throat, HS switched from a straight razor to a safety razor and we all stood around, watching with bated breath as Yen laughed and squirmed through foamy clouds of soap while occasionally grabbing HS's shirt in panic.

We only get to see our Malaysian cousins once or twice a year, but each time we do, some crazy shenanigans always go down. Hopefully next time, I'm around to document them as well.


PS Yen was really pleased with the results and said it was one of the closest shaves he'd ever had.  Pun intended, I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your peace, yo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...